As you are all aware British Gymnastics membership has changed this year. We now require by British Gymnastics, for all our members to complete the online process via the British Gymnastics website.
All club members need to become members of British Gymnastics, the national governing body for gymnastics. This is to benefit from insurance cover as well as receiving discounts and other member benefits. This does not apply for Southampton Gymnastics' Family Fun, Freestyle (Saturday & Thursday) or Adult Gymnastics (non-competitive) – your membership is via our club block registration with British Gymnastics and included in the class rate.
All club members must complete and pay for their British Gymnastics membership via their website before Friday 13th October. Unfortunately, until this step is completed, you/your child will not be able to attend gymnastics sessions, so please complete the process as soon as you can.
All members will be receiving a leaflet this week in your class, the leaflet is to advise all members (or their parents or guardians) through the new British Gymnastics membership process. The leaflets is designed to help all members and to make it as easy as possible. The leaflet includes:
· How to complete individual membership
· What type of membership to select
· What information members or their parents or guardians need to have when they join or renew their membership
The new join/renew process only takes a few minutes and can be completed on mobile, tablet or computer wherever an internet connection is available.
Help and support for members:
To ensure members have access to help and support when the membership process opens, the British Gymnastics Customer Service team will be open for extended hours during the first week of October:
· Sunday 1st October: 10am-4pm
· Monday 2nd October to Thursday 5th October: 8am-7pm
· Friday 6th October 8am-6.30pm
Members can contact Customer Services:
· by phone 0345 129 7129
· by email at email@example.com
· in live chat on our website www.british-gymnastics.org
BRITISH GYMNASTICS UPDATE - Sunday 1st October
A message from British Gymnastics:
As I am sure you are aware, despite significant internal and external testing over the last few weeks, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties due to the high volume of server traffic. This means that some members will experience issues in completing their membership online in our new system. We are working extremely hard to resolve this problem and hope to have the system fully operational as soon as possible.
I wanted to write to try to alleviate some of the concerns you may have:
1) British Gymnastics will provide full insurance provision for all clubs and members taking part in any recognised gymnastics activity in a British Gymnastics registered club whilst we are resolving the problems. This means that your sessions can continue as normal today.
2) Existing members that have not been able to complete the renewal process will have their Personal Accident cover in place as they usually would have as a benefit of membership.
3) New members that are unable to complete the process immediately will be provided with Personal Accident cover in the same way that a new participant would be covered for taster sessions within the club
To try to manage the situation we have updated the British Gymnastics website to clarify the issue and confirm that insurance provision is in place. This will be updated during the day as the issues are resolved. We are also providing updates via social media channels.
I would like to express our sincere apologies for the disruption to service and the confusion this may have caused with your members and parents. You have my assurance that we are dealing with the matter and will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience.
Community Services Director
BRITISH GYMNASTICS UPDATE - Monday 2nd October
We have contacted British Gymnastics for an update today:
Unfortunately we are still down at the moment. We have not have any further information other then to please try and assess the bg home page tomorrow to see if the error message is still online. Sincere apologises in this matter